Tuesday, March 15, 2011

brooklyn

i tell people all the time that moving to brooklyn changed my life. i always knew i wanted to "live in new york city" but what that actually meant was beyond me. i moved to manhattan in 2007 and it was great. i had two lovely roommates and a nice but tiny little apartment in alphabet city. but something was missing...i toyed with the idea of moving back to philadelphia my home town. instead i moved to brooklyn in the summer of 2009 and can honestly say, i will never leave. i am not sure how to exactly explain how a neighborhood could make me feel so free...maybe it is the commute over the bridge where i can see the whole city i call home...maybe it is the 10 foot high ceilings in my apartment...maybe it is my friend Aziz who owns the bodega on the corner...or maybe all these things. spring is coming in brooklyn...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...